"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will
soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and
not be faint."


Monday, August 29, 2011

My Beloved

Through working with youth you become accustomed to answering questions about your "personal" life. For me the questions usually followed this order: "What's your name?", "How old are you?", "Are you married?", "Do you have a boyfriend?", "Why not?". This past summer when I informed an eight-year-old camper that I was 23 and not married she quickly responded with "you should find a fiance." With this statement I couldn't help but laugh hysterically and agree with the camper. I needed a Beloved. 

For many of us the question as to whether or not we are married brings up mixed emotions followed by mind beating questions. These questions can range from "Will I ever get married?" to "Am I even worthy to be loved?" Most of these posed questions come from some sort of insecurity with the life that we are currently living.

We have been promised to be the bride of Christ. For as it states in Song of Songs 7:10, "I belong to my beloved, and his desire is for me." We may not know when, or if, we will get married, but we do know that God DESIRES our hearts in a heavenly marriage. He doesn't want our seemingly perfect parts, He wants ALL of us, especially our broken and sinful nature. Our bridegroom knew, long ago, that we would have questions. He knew that we would most likely stray away from the flock. He knew that we might turn our backs to Him. He knew that we needed a Savior. But most importantly, He knew that He could and would WIN us back!

Brothers and sisters, I pray that this night you can find your one, true love. Let God wash over you with His presence and Spirit. You have been restored...redeemed. Your Beloved has given you the ultimate gift of love. Won't you love Him back?

As a young man marries a young woman, so will your Builder marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. ~Isaiah 62:5

God's Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment